SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Milgard Channel Guide

A handy person from Sunnyvale, CA says:

I have a milgard window that needs Channel balance replacement. The depth of the depth of the shoe is 1" and the length of the metal is 25". By the way, there is the following numbers stamped on it "86 25-5 DB5 CMC 1208".

Mest regards,
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not really sure what balance you have based on just this information. Could I see a few pictures of the nylon attachments at either end? I need to see them both. Can you also tell me the weight of your window sash? Thanks!
A handy person from Sunnyvale, CA says:
Thanks for prompt response! Here is the pictures for the ends.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, perfect. If your shoe is 1" deep, then I think you should consider our Series 380 channel balance, which uses our 15-005 shoe. however, I think you should double check that depth. Just by eyeballing it, it looks like it could be our Series 385 which uses our 15-004 shoe. Please carefully compare their dimensions of both of these shoes to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
The depth in this case is 1-3/32" vs 1".
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)