SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Milgard Non-Tilt Channel Balance

A home owner from seattle, wa says:
I need to replace the channel balance on a Milgard non-tilt window. I went through the replacement identification steps on your website but wasn't able to positively identify my correct part. I know the channel is 1/2". I'm also fairly certain the top shoe is 19-005 and the bottom shoe is either 15-004 or 15-005 (I can't tell the difference between the two from the website). I'm also not sure what length to order. I measured from end to end (only the metal) and came up with 19 5/8". I've attached some pictures that should be helpful. Thank you in advance for the help.

Matt
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Matt. This is actually a special type of balance that will have to be custom made. You do not have either the 15-004 or 15-005. We can make this for you, though, as this balance is not altogether uncommon. All I need to know is how many you're interested in. Once I know that, I'll shoot you a custom balance order link that you can use to add the special product to your cart. You can then continue shopping or checkout as normal.
A home owner says:
Tom
Thank you for the response. I just need one. Are the pictures and description enough to make the custom balance? (I'm not sure if 19 5/8" is the precise length). Happy to send the broken balance in the mail if it makes it easier to replicate.

Matt
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yep, your pictures are perfect. Like I mentioned, your balances aren't uncommon or anything. The reason they're a custom order is just because they have to be made a certain specific way.

At this time, however, we have a minimum purchase order of 2. I hope that's okay. We usually recommend replacing both, anyway. That way the new balance doesn't have to work extra hard making up for the old balance's slack, which would cause it to wear out faster. I will email you the proper information shortly.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)