Milgard Window Balances

A home owner from Chandler, AZ says:
This is for a Milgard window. The length is 33" and the channel width is 1/2". The window weighs 24 pounds. I think I need the 33" Series 385, but I am unsure which option to choose. I also need replacement top sash guides, but was unable to locate a matching one in your online catalog. I will send a picture in a different message because of the picture limit.
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
A customer submitted photo of a top sash guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! With your sash weighing 24 lbs., please take a look at our S385-33 channel balance with a 3240 stamp option. Do you think this would work? For the top sash guide, please take a look at our 18-166 and compare its dimensions to your hardware.
A quick learner from Oregon says:
Hello, I also need to replace some channel balances on a single hung Milgard window. They look identical to the ones posted in the top picture above.
They are 27" long (not including the plastic ends.
The sash weighs a whopping 33 pounds. The stamps on the original channel are "26 5 KW CMC 11". Can you tell me which channels to order?
Thanks,
Nina
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If your nylon attachments are the same as above, then our S385-27 would be ideal for you. I also recommend the 2665, which can support your weight.
A quick learner from washington says:
Hello, I also need to replace channel balancer on a single hung Milgrad Window.
they looks idential to the ones posted in the top picture above.
they are 27" long(not including the plastic ends).
the sash weight 24 -26 pounds. the stamp on the original channel are "26 4 CQ CALDWELL".
Can you tell me which channels to order?
Thanks,

Richard
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200502_110849.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200502_114922.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200502_114933.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200502_120733.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200502_120741.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Richard. If your hardware is identical to the images shown above, then I recommend reviewing the products we recommended for that customer. If yours differ in any way, let me know how.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.