Milgard Window Balances

A home owner from Chandler, AZ says:
This is for a Milgard window. The length is 33" and the channel width is 1/2". The window weighs 24 pounds. I think I need the 33" Series 385, but I am unsure which option to choose. I also need replacement top sash guides, but was unable to locate a matching one in your online catalog. I will send a picture in a different message because of the picture limit.
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
A customer submitted photo of a top sash guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! With your sash weighing 24 lbs., please take a look at our S385-33 channel balance with a 3240 stamp option. Do you think this would work? For the top sash guide, please take a look at our 18-166 and compare its dimensions to your hardware.
A quick learner from Oregon says:
Hello, I also need to replace some channel balances on a single hung Milgard window. They look identical to the ones posted in the top picture above.
They are 27" long (not including the plastic ends.
The sash weighs a whopping 33 pounds. The stamps on the original channel are "26 5 KW CMC 11". Can you tell me which channels to order?
Thanks,
Nina
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If your nylon attachments are the same as above, then our S385-27 would be ideal for you. I also recommend the 2665, which can support your weight.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
18-166 : 5/8
18-166
Price: $1.35
5/8" Top Sash Guide, Kinco
S385-27 : 27
S385-27
Price: $9.55
27" Series 385 Channel Balance
S385-33 : 33
S385-33
Price: $10.75
33" Series 385 Channel Balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
Video
How to replace a window sash channel bal...
How to identify a replacement channel balance
Video
How to identify a replacement channel ba...
How to replace a channel balance
Guide
How to replace a channel balance