Milgard Window Sash Guide

A quick learner says:
I am looking for a replacement Sash Guide for a Milgard Window.

Picture attached. The size is

5/8" Wide
1 1/2 H
5/8" deep at the top then narrows 3/8
User submitted photos of a top sash guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey there. Customers with Milgard windows have used 18-188 top sash guide as a replacement. Let us know how it works for you.
A handy person from San Francisco says:
I'm trying to replace the exact same part and ordered the 18-188. But the part is slightly different from the milgard. Please refer to photo. After installing 18-188, the balance spring doesn't catch on the top sash guide.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231103_185303.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. If the 18-188 didn't work, then my suggestion would be to try our 18-009 instead. I've personally had a lot of success with this part while repairing old Milgard windows.

You'll note right away that our 18-009 has a top lip that sticks out from the base, but this can be trimmed down with a utility knife. That will give it enough clearance to install in the frame. Just make sure to wear safety gloves if you try this.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.