SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Milgard channel balancer

A quick learner says:

I need help selecting a channel balancer for my Milgard window (H-C40-54x90). Based on my research on your website it looks like the 385 series channel balance.

The one thing I am confused about is that my current channel balance (pictures enclosed) measures 29.75" (measured according to directions on your website & videos). I only see options for 29" or 30" but nothing in between.

Sash measures 31.9" and weighs 16.5 lbs.

Thank you for your help!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We can help you replace this balance, but our Series 385 will not work. This is a specially configured balance that has to be custom made. Don't worry, it's still relatively common and shouldn't be hard to replace. I can actually send you an order link and price quote right now, but before I do I just need to know how many you need.
A quick learner says:
Hi there,

thanks for your response. I only need 1 of these balancers.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid these balances have a 2 piece order minimum. Would that be okay? To be honest, we usually recommend replacing both anyway, that way the new balance doesn't have to work extra hard to make up for the older balance slacking. Either way, I have sent you an order form and price quote for two of these balances.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)