SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Milgard replacement screen

A home owner from Burien, WA says:
Interior screen for crank-open window is missing completely. Actual dimensions for screen are 56.25"x20.24", attached photo of receiving portion of frame with receiving slots on long sides, four total. I have fabricated replacement screens before but am not familiar with this style of attachment. Would be happy to order parts from y'all if you have them! The window is Milgard brand.

Soph D.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what thickness Milgard used for their casement screens, but I think our 95-218 5/16" corners may be worth considering. They have a little plunger on the side. Could this work for you?
A home owner from Burien says:
That does look feasible. Would the screen sizing need adjustment to accommodate flex to allow the screen to pull out?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You would need to check with the company who is manufacturing the screen for your window. Show them the 95-218 corner, which is used on a 5/16" screen frame.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)