Milgard window replacement balances

A home owner from Placentia says:
Hello,

I am looking for 2 replacement balances for my Milgard, non-tilt vinyl window. Balance measures 1/2" wide, length for the metal portion of the balance is 12", including the plastic pieces at the ends--measures 13".

The markings on the part reads 11 9 18* JO Caldwell.

Thank you,
Roger
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. We don't have a balance with a 12" metal channel as a standard option, so yours will have to be custom made. Before we can begin, though, I just want you to confirm a couple things.

The first is the Series. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005

The next is the sash weight. Please remove your sash from the window and place it on a scale, then give me the weight.
A quick learner says:
Thanks for your reply. The bottom shoe matches the measurements on the 15-0004 and the sash weighs 13 lbs.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great. Check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.