SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Milgard window sash lock replacement part needed

A quick learner from Irvine, CA says:
Part states "Milgard" on it but there are no identifying part numbers. For the larger piece: Width is 1 inch. Distance between each screw hole (from center of each screw hole) is 2 and 1/8. I am just wondering if there is an exact replacement. As you can see, the second (smaller) piece needs to be flat as this is for sliding window. So a part like 171915 would not work.
User submitted photo of their window lock.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The keeper you are showing could be our 90-282, see what you think. The lock, on the other hand, is more tricky. Those 2-1/8" hole centers are peculiar. Can you confirm? Your screw holes are also up toward the front of the sweep latch. Take a look at the list I've compiled for you on the right side of this page and see if the hole center, the set back, and the sweep hook match up to yours. Like you said you might have to drill new holes. If you do, then you could almost pick any lock to use.
A quick learner from SoCal says:
Dave - thanks for the reply. I went with the 90-161 and will let you know how the holes line up. The measurements look to be the same.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)