SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Minimum door thickness

A home owner from Atlanta, GA says:
What is the minimum door thickness for this lock? I bought a similar one only to find out my door was too thin. Most doors are 1" thick or thicker, mine is only about 7/8" or 2cm thick.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
82-002K, with key cylinder, the minimum door thickness is 1". The 82-002, same set without key lock, will fit a 7/8" thick door.
A home owner from Atlanta, GA says:
Will this fit a 1 3/4" door?? I have an "Atomic Ranch" house built in the 60s.... I would like the sliding glass doors on the front patio to have keyed locks because they are next to the carport. Have bought locks from Lowe's/ Home Depot but they don't fit.... door is too thick. The doors are wooden framed with wooden fittings into the house. Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe the 82-002K lock will work in a wood patio door. Try taking a picture of the door with the measurements in the picture, and we'll see how we can help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)