SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Minimum door thickness

A home owner from Atlanta, GA says:
What is the minimum door thickness for this lock? I bought a similar one only to find out my door was too thin. Most doors are 1" thick or thicker, mine is only about 7/8" or 2cm thick.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
82-002K, with key cylinder, the minimum door thickness is 1". The 82-002, same set without key lock, will fit a 7/8" thick door.
A home owner from Atlanta, GA says:
Will this fit a 1 3/4" door?? I have an "Atomic Ranch" house built in the 60s.... I would like the sliding glass doors on the front patio to have keyed locks because they are next to the carport. Have bought locks from Lowe's/ Home Depot but they don't fit.... door is too thick. The doors are wooden framed with wooden fittings into the house. Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe the 82-002K lock will work in a wood patio door. Try taking a picture of the door with the measurements in the picture, and we'll see how we can help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)