SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Mirred closet door track

A handy person from Valencia, CA says:
In the master bedroom we have these 2 massive mirrored closet doors measuring: 55"X95" I need to replace the track on the floor because who ever installed them didn't put any wood support under the track, so now it's bowing in the middle and the doors are dragging and cutting into the track.
the track measures: 3 7/16" X 105 1/2" with 1 1/2 space between the tracks.
I see on your web-site your part # 23-259 seems to be close to what I need, do you have that same track that would match my track measurements ?
User submitted photos of a mirror closet door track
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the 23-259 looks like a close match. I'm afraid we aren't able to provide it in that length, however. The next best thing would be to butt two shorter tracks together.
A quick learner from Valencia, CA says:
So, in order to butt two pieces together can I buy two 5'tracks that way I can butt the two right in the middle. Also will the track you supply have the appropriate spacing between the tracks for my doors to pass ?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yep, you can combine any two smaller tracks to meet your requirements. If there is any extra length, you can cut it down with a fine tooth hacksaw.

As for spacing, see the dimensions below to confirm they line up with yours.
Profile view of 23-259
A quick learner from Valencia, CA says:
This is the right type of track, I'm concerned of the spacing between the tracks. The spacing on the track I have is: 1 5/8". Do you have a track with a wider spacing or do you think your track - p# 23-259 will work ?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... if a 1-7/16" spacing won't work, you might want to consider our 23-273 instead. This has a rail spacing of 1-21/32", which is only a hair off of 1-5/8". What do you think?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)