SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Mirror bypass door track

A contractor from Los Gatos, CA says:
Hi, I'm looking for both the bottom and top tracks. Doors are 1" thick anodized bronze. I've got three doors and would like to get track so that I can set each door on its own separate rail. Some of your tracks are close but the rail to rail distance is too great...and I dont see a three rail system. Any thoughts or hints as to the manufacturer of these (no markings anywhere on the units, of course)?

THX!
Mike
User submitted photos of bypass door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It appears that our closest replacement bottom door track would be our 23-256 (6' long). Check it out and see what you think. As for the top track, consider our 23-245 (6' long). You didn't show the top of your door, but could possibly need some type of top guide like our 23-226, 23-090 or similar. Can you confirm?
A professional from California says:
I would recommend putting 2 tracks side by side creating a 5-5/8" wide 4 rail track. You would need a good flat surface for this. If you are putting it down over carpet, it would be very hard to make them line up nicely. I don't know if 2 headers would be possible in your situation, but given the lack of a 3 rail system, you don't have a lot of options.
A professional from California says:
I guess if you had a good enough table saw, you might be able to cut one track in half, but it again would only work well on a good flat surface. Make sure to leave the middle leg intact.
A contractor from Los Gatos says:
Thank you for your responses. Nice to know that I am taking the right tact: I've gone with a 3 rail system by ripping a track off with the table saw, cutting thru the carpet and mounting the tracks to recycled jamb legs mounted directly to the subfloor. Swisco, that means we were able to source the track locally since the exact measurements were of little concern - however, I do very much appreciate your time and your mini-forum you offer on your site. When another situation arises, I'll know exactly where to go for parts and advice. Pics of final outcome today or tomorrow. Cheers! Mike
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)