SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Mirror door track replacement

A quick learner says:
Hello, trying to replace a mirrored wardrobe track
It's the bottom track and seems to most resemble your part # 23-261.

The track we currently have is a dark brown, appx 77" long , 3 1/2" wide, and about 1 5/8" track center to track center
Just wondering what we can replace our track with
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Rick. It sounds like your track is close to our 23-261, but I can't be sure without seeing what your track looks like. Also, the distance between the two rails is 1-11/16", not 1-5/8". Can you confirm that measurement on your own?
A home owner says:
After a review of the exisitng track I *believe* it does natch the dimensions of the 23-261

The entire width is likely 3". I apparently measured an area that was bowed or pushed out quite wide. When I measured an end that appeared more normal I get a 3" total width

RE: rail to rail distance, it's kinda tough to measure but I would have to assume it's a match, my original measuerement of 1 5/8" is just 1/16" off the 1-11/16" you mention

This track has been here since 1988 or so, so it's pretty old. Is the 23-261 product the only thing you have that matches? It seems I unfortunately have a very expensive track to replace!! And it looks like I would have to buy an 8' section as I need about 67" run ( I mistyped the original length I gave you of 77")

Thank you for your prompt reply and perhaps you could commnet on the added info/questions

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Rick. Everything looks good! We actually do have a 6' version. Check out our 23-258. If your track is a little bent or warped, it may be hard to get an accurate measurement, but you will have to use your best judgement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)