SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Mirror sliding door replacement track not working

A home owner from San Diego, CA says:
After perusing numerous posts on the discussions section, I thought the replacement for my ruined 129" concave track was the 59" 23-271 and the 71" 23-272 and butting them together. I ordered these tracks on 3/13 and installed them yesterday, but the weight of the doors is causing problems over the joined section - the edges are bending and moving apart and the doors seem to be sticking worse than ever. Now, after removing the old track and looking at the profile, I'm not even sure I ordered the correct replacements. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
User submitted photos of mirror closet door track.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Looking at your pictures, i think our 23-256 or 23-259 may have been better choices.
A home owner from San Diego, CA says:
Yes, probably, but then I'd still have the problem with having to gap/join 2 pieces together and these doors are seriously heavy. The prices of these were quite expensive and I'd need two pieces, that's why I thought I'd order the other style, hoping it'd work. Is there anywhere that provides continuous track up to 129"? Can it be special ordered?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we are not able to provide that size. I would suggest installing a piece of wood cut to size to fit under the both sections of track where you are butting them together. You would need to drill and counter sink a hole, then use a flat head screw to secure both tracks to the wood to keep them together tight. Use a screw like our 33-011 or 33-088.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)