SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Mirrored Closet Door Track

A home owner from Florham Park, NJ says:
Hello Swisco, I am desperate for your help asap.
We had a flood and are trying to get the house back to normal. Seems when the production crew tore out the carpet they threw away the mirror door track for the closets.
I have the closet doors but no idea what track I need. I have sent images of the tracks in place, a bad image of the stamp on the back of the mirror door and an image of the back of the hinge on the door
I need to identify what tracks go with the mirror doors and to purchase asap as we need to install before carpet is installed and that is planned for mid next week. Hoping you can help. Much appreciated.
User submitted photos of closet hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to make out the track based on these pictures, but I think we can help. It all depends on whether the wheels are convex or concave. I think they are concave, but let me know if that is not the case. Start by looking at our 23-251 and 23-273 and let me know what you think. We have a wide variety of similar tracks, all in different lengths, which you can view here.
A quick learner says:
Hi Thanks for the info. I've taken a picture of the wheels on the bottom of the door. This might help you in narrowing down the tracks Let me know what you think. Each track carried 3 mirrored doors.
Thanks for your help
User submitted photo of their closet roller.
Profile picture of Tom
That's perfect! Yes, your roller is concave. I am more confident in my previous suggestion, though ultimately the exact type of track will be up to you. Some details to consider are the shape of the profile and the distance between the rails. See our 23-251 and 23-273 to start, these are both popular tracks for this kind of roller.
A quick learner says:
What do you suggest is the best way to determine the track type? You note I need to consider shape of profile and distance between rails. Should I get a sample of each and then determine?
Profile picture of Tom
A sample isn't really necessary. We have detailed pictures and measurements for each closet door track in our catalog. You can simply look over each product I suggested and compare it to your own hardware.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)