Mirrored bifold door

A home owner from USA says:
I am not sure what part may be needed but this closet door no longer works properly. It is fine when open but when you close it the top pivot rod on leading part of door comes out of the roller and the leading edge drops down. I have attached some photos with descriptions. Do you think a piece is missing from the bottom pivot hardware of leading edge? Don't know if you can help but thought I'd give it a shot. Some people say I need a pivot pin cap. Do you have a video showing how to replace this cap? Do you have to take the door off to fix it? Do you have to take the track off to fix it? Thanks.

1. Shows how door is now crooked when closed.2 and 3. Show how pins are fine when door is open.4 and 5. Show how top pin comes out of wheel and door drops as it is closed.6, 7 and 8. Pics of hardware on bottom of leading edge of door. Is it missing a part of it?
User submitted photos of closet hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Thanks for posting. Hopefully I can help. First, close the door and reset the top pin into the roll guide (it looks like our 21-174). Look over the door's fit in the opening. Does it look square or does one side leave a gap at the top or bottom?

If there is a gap, the only adjustment you have is the screw in bottom corner, which looks like our 23-409. You will need to turn clockwise to raise or counter clockwise to lower.

Another thing that might be wrong would be the the top and bottom pivot brackets, which should look like the 21-175. Check to see if they secure or loose. If they are loose and slide with the door's movement, that can cause the top pin to drop. Also check to make sure they are an equal distance from the wall. The top and bottom brackets need to be lined up vertically.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.