SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Difference between 23-257 and 23-258?

A handy person from San Marcos says:
I have double sliding mirrored doors on my closet. The doors were made in the '70s and are very heavy. I see two possible models of track: 23-257 and 23-258. Either will fit per the measurements. How do I choose between the two? Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The main differences are in the height of the track and how recessed the rails are. The 23-257 is 5/8" tall and has very shallow rails, while the 23-258 is only 1/2" tall and has very deeply recessed rails.
A handy person from San Marcos says:
Thanks for the reply.. I think 23-257 will work best since the rollers need the clearance. My only concern is whether the raised platform of 23-257 can hold the weight of two heavy duty 1970s-era mirrored metal closet doors. Do you think it could hold the weight?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
If you are positive that the 23-257 is the track that will fit your closet doors, then my suggestion to your would be to place a length of wood underneath to help with the weight. You may have to get someone like a carpenter or wood shop to cut and shape the wood to fit underneath track.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)