Missing Cox bifold door hardware

A home owner says:
Hi, wondering if you can help me? I have 2 closets with Cox mirrored bi-fold doors. One set of doors is missing the top guide wheel/roller, the other closet door is missing the lower guide wheel/roller. Do you have instructions on how to repair this and do you sell the wheels?

Thank you,
Gail
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Gail. We may be able to help, but I'm not sure what you have, exactly. Please take a picture of the hardware in question and we can work from there.
A quick learner says:
Hi Tom,
Ok, please see attached pics. I have two mirrored, Cox 26-009 bifold closet doors. One door is missing wheel/roller guide at top of door, the other door is missing the same, but at the bottom of the door. This is the end of the bifold that actually moves in and out.
I have tried to attach enough photos for you to see how the wheel is attached and where it is broken/missing.
I would also need help with instructions on how to go about replacing the broken parts.
Thanks so much
User submitted photos of a bi-fold door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! I believe Cox used our 23-120 guide for the top and bottom track. This also appears similar to the hardware in your pictures. Check it out and see if you agree.
A quick learner says:
Hi, thanks for replying. Your 23-120 looks similar, but I am not sure?
Profile picture of Paul
The 23-120 is compatible with Cox, but the best way to know if it will work is to compare the dimensions we show to your own measurements.
A quick learner says:
Ok, I will compare measurements. Also, do you have any instructions on process of replacement? Do I need to completely remove the door to replace this wheel/guide?

Thanks much
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, you will have to completely remove the door. These guides should just pop out, try using a slotted screwdriver.

A quick learner says:
Hi Tom and Paul,
Well, I was able to pull out one of the broken guides (without completely removing the door!) and the Cox 23-120 guide you recommended above looks correct based on measurements, etc.

I'm attaching a pic of the broken guide, note wheel at top is missing.

How do I go about ordering two of these, what is the price and what is your return policy should they not work out?

Thanks much,
Gail
User submitted a photo of bi-fold door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks, Gail! Yes, i agree, that looks like a broken 23-120 guide pin. All orders can be placed directly on our site, and you can see our Return Policy here.
A quick learner says:
Hi Paul,

Great! Thanks to you and Tom for all of your help and support. I will go ahead and order two of the 23-120 guides tomorrow and hopefully that will do the trick.

Thanks again!

Gail
A home owner from Raleigh, NC says:
We have a COX 26-009 mirrored glass folding closet door. Something snapped and the door came off the guides.
The bottom hinge-side guide hardware came out.
I took a picture of the bottom hinge guide. It looks like it is broken.
Does someone know the replacement part number and how it goes back together?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Mike
Profile picture of Tom

It looks like you need our spring loaded pin with nylon guide, item number 23-120

You will need to remove the housing base from the door, push the new guide base in the door and then snap in the round nylon wheel into the track.

A quick learner from Sarasota FL says:
I have a COX mirrored bifold closet door with a cracked lower roller. The 23-407 corner roller looks the same but I don't see a bottom roller in this site. Attached are 2 photos which I hope will help you determine if I can get replacement parts. Thank you. Paul Rosenberg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230114_133656.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230114_133620.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

We might have a roller that can work for you, but I'm not able to make out what kind you have from this photo. I would require a clear photo of the original removed from the door so that I may make a recommendation.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.