SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Missing Roller and Axle ?

A handy person from Florida says:
I just received my order of several of the Capitol Window Slider Rollers and immediately noticed it only comes with one (1) wheel and one (1) axle. The roller assembly is designed for two (2). The units they were to replace had two as well. Why do you only provide 1? Do I have to order the other roller and axle separately? It makes no sense to me that you would sell them this way because they are not usable.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Our 87-051 is only meant to use one wheel and axle. The second slot is so that you can adjust the wheel if necessary; one slot is high, and the other is low. If your original rollers used two wheels, then the 87-051 may not be what you need. Are you positive this is a direct replacement? If not, can I see a few pictures of your original rollers? That may help us find a closer match.
A handy person says:
Yes, it is the exact same roller assembly.I will install a few of them with the single wheel and see if the windows roll correctly. When the originals were purchased several years ago they came with two. I naturally assumed that is how they were supposed to be installed. Thanks for your reply. :)
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)