Missing Sash Balances

A home owner from USA says:
Hello,
I'm at a loss here. I have a Viking window that is completely missing its sash balances, so I'm not sure what to replace them with. I have a similar viking window, but the sash balances in that one are too short for the window that's missing its balances. You can see the measurements in the pics. Any ideas for what replacement balances to use?

Thanks,
Mike
Sash balances
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Viking windows have been known to use our Series 395 channel balance in the bast, but there is no guarantee that these will work for you. One of the most important factors is the nylon caps on either end of the channel. The Series 395 balance comes with a 19-005 top and 15-001 bottom. Look at the other, shorter balances you mentioned and see if they have the 19-005 and 15-001, as well. If they do then I think this is the way to go.

That's the Series taken care of, but what about the size and spring strength? Well, this will take a little homework. I will need the height of the visible glass of the sash being supported, as well as the weight of that same sash. With that information, I can calculate the proper length and spring strength.
A quick learner from OR says:
Hi Tom, sorry for the delay! Yes, I believe those are the right top and bottom pieces. I attached a few pictures for confirmation.

The visible glass is 30 1/16 wide by inches by 25 15/16 inches. The weight is 15 pounds.
Channel Balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It is quite alright! The window balance we believe should be S395-27 with (2630) option for a 15 lbs. sash. You may also need top sash guides and if so, our 18-009 could be a good choice.
A quick learner from Portland, Or says:
Rats! Out of stock.
A quick learner from Portland says:
Okay, so I installed the balances, but when I went to put the sash back in, it slipped right by the balances and never engaged. Do I need a different bottom piece?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Looks like your top sash guide is broken. See the video below for more information. You can also see our entire selection of top sash guides here.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.