SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Missing bottom shower door guide

A handy person from Cleveland, OH says:
Just bought a new place and shower guides came off. Looks like they were generic replacements held on with double stick tape. The bottom rail has screws in three places where the original guides must have been (see photo) The depth of the rail is about 1-15/16" and these are sliding double doors, about 7/16" thick (each). That's all I got to go on--cannot find any brand marking or label on door or frame. Can't seem to find any bottom guides that attach on the side like this. Can you help? I really would like to replace these with the proper parts. Thanks!
User submitted photos of a shower door track.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if these could fit on your shower door, but look at our 10-107, 10-119 or 10-218. You may be able to get one of these to work. I kind of think the 10-107, which is attached with double stick tape, could work. Take a look and see what you think.
A handy person from Cleveland, OH says:
Thanks. I was hoping I could find the original design with one screw; but it looks like anything like that is discontinued (so I assume there was some problem...which would explain why all 3 are missing!) I agree that the 10-107 looks like the best fit. I'll take more measurements. In the meantime, I reapplied the generic guides with what I hope is a better double stick tape.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Great! That sounds like a good stop gap for now. I'm afraid we couldn't find this exact part, but shower door hardware is always tricky to replace. Many shower door manufacturers release a line for only a brief time before discontinuing it and replacing it with something else. Hopefully you're able to work out a more reliable substitute!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)