SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Missing keeper

A contractor from Winchester VA says:
I am missing a keeper for a door that utilizes Swisco part number 82-074. Can you advise of replacement part number for the keeper? It is surface mounted - no mortised hole exists.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm afraid I cannot determine exactly what keeper you need. The 82-074 can work with many different mortise locks, and therefore many keepers. There is no one guaranteed match. I recommend looking at our selection of replacement keepers and seeing if you can find a match here.
A contractor from Winchester VA says:
I get that and have looked at the selection. My question to you is give me an example of one you would recommend to work. I don't want to order the wrong one.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Actually, I just noticed in your first post that your original handle was surface-mounted, and that there is no mortise lock. I apologize for missing that at first. If that's the case, then the 82-074 will not work for you in any capacity. It is specifically designed to work with a mortise lock. If you were to show me a picture of your old handle, we could recommend a better match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)