SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Missing keeper for lock with Pat. No. 5820.170

A home owner from Seattle says:
Lock was installed and workable, but no keeper part installed. Builder is gone into thin air. Built in 2008. Measures to match dimensions for 82-239. Your Customer Service rep has found a keeper (82-249) in stock. I would like to know if it would work with my lock. Otherwise I will but the entire set (82-239). Thanks.
User submitted a photo of a mortise lock.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not totally sure what keeper you need for your door. We do carry the 82-249, which will work with the 82-239 lock. However, it is not a flat type keeper. Rather, it has a 1/2" in height.

The 82-239 lock comes with a flat type keeper, on the other hand. Check in the door jamb where the keeper was installed originally. See if there are any mounting holes to compare with the 82-249 keeper. Also take note if there are any cutouts for the keeper. The 82-249 keeper would not need a cut out since it stands 1/2" high.
A home owner from Seattle says:
Thanks for the reply. There never was a keeper installed. I will order then entire 82-239 lock set.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)