SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Missing sliding glass door handle

A quick learner from Mt Holly says:
Dear Sirs, I have a customer that has a sliding glass door and the only tag for identification says "Series 5500 Code S" but the rest of the tag is ripped off. I measured the bolt pattern there are 4 holes, the 2 screw holes are 4" apart but the 2 center holes are off set from the center of the screws. I can send you a picture if need be to try and get a handle for this door. The handle broke and the customer lost the handle so I don't even know what the handle looks like.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's tricky identifying a handle without the original, but it's not impossible. I would start by looking at our 82-069. Could this possibly work? Double check the hole spacing to make sure it's not 3-15/16". This is more common. Make sure to only measure from the center of each hole, not the edges.

Do you also need the mortise lock? If so, I will need measurements for that, as well. Give me the installation hole spacing and the height x width of the main lock hole. Thanks!
A contractor from Mount Holly, New Jersey says:
I can't tell if this will work. Here is a picture of the door, maybe if you see it you would know if it will work. Also we do not need the mortise lock.
Thank you
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I can't really tell based on this picture. I think the 82-069 Tom suggested is definitely a possibility, but you will need to confirm the hole spacing to be sure. Measure the distance between the two outermost holes, center-to-center. Is it 3-15/16"? If so, I think the 82-069 is a good choice.

I am also not sure about the mortise lock. Could you take the same installation hole spacing measurement for me? Can you also show me a picture of the hole? Finally, tell me the width and height of the main body hole.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)