SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Missing window parts

A home owner from Florence, AL says:
We recently purchased a home and found that one CAPCO window is missing all parts (balances?) on each lower side of it. Therefore the lower pane freely comes out when when raised. How do I go about identifying the parts that I need? Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure exactly what you need. In my experience, some Gapco windows used our Series 351 but there's no guarantee that this is what you have. If you have another, identical window elsewhere in the house then you can use that as reference. Otherwise, the Series 351 may be your best bet. Please tell me the weight of the sash and the height of the visible glass and I can recommend the appropriate balance length and stamp option.
A home owner from Florence, AL says:
Thank you for your reply. I do have an identical window in the house, but found no identifying numbers. The window sash is approx. 31 1/2 inches wide and 26 inches tall. As I mentioned all hardware (balances, etc.) is removed. I assume that is what I need but need order information.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for getting back to us. Can you confirm that you're measuring only the visible glass? Do not measure the whole sash. I only need to know the size of the visible glass. I also need the weight of the sash, which you can determine by placing on a scale.
A quick learner from Florence, Al says:
Hopefully, I have attached a photo of the GAPCO window. I have two windows without the side hardware. Following is your requested info.

Window 1--weight is 15.2 lbs
visual glass is 23 1/4 x 28

Window 2 --weight is 17.2 lbs.
visual image is 23 1/4 x 32
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you! This information is a huge help. For Window 1, I recommend our S351-28 channel balance with a 2730 option. For window 2, I recommend the S351-32 instead, with a 3130 option. Some other hardware you may be interested in are our 18-097 top sash guide and 16-002 take out clips.
A quick learner from Florence, AL says:
Thank you. I will soon be placing an order.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)