SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Mobile Home Window Parts

A home owner from Earleville, Maryland says:
I placed an order with Swisco on 6/28/2009, order # 227695, for weatherstrip for windows in my trailer home. I'm now looking for sash balance replacements for the same windows but can't seem to locate the windows so easily to identify the correct replacements. I wonder if you could point me in the right direction by looking at my order from 2009? I could send pictures if that would help. Does the balance mechanism simply slide out once the top screw is removed or is there another attachment further down that I'm missing? It seems that it is lodged tightly mid-way down the span.

Thanks.
A user submited photo of weatherstripping
a user submited photo of window sash balance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Your balance appears to be similar to our Series 775 channel balance. Does that look about right? Please compare it with your own hardware and see what you think.

If you were looking for the pivot bar, as well, I recommend that you look at our 26-241 and see if that matches, as well.
A quick learner from Earleville, Maryland says:
I agree that mine looks to belong in your Series 775 channel balance group. I won't get back to it until this weekend but have one question regarding removal. It seems that the channel is providing resistance to removal and I did remove the phillips screw at the top of the assembly; is there any other attachment point that I need to address or do I just need to do a bit of prying to free it from the window?
Thanks again!
Profile picture of Tom
You might want to see our Guide on How to Replace the Series 775. That might give you some insight as to how this system works.

You may also want to see our Series 860 Block and Tackle balance. You might have this, instead. I can't tell for sure, of course, while your balance is still installed. See if this might be what you have. If so, we can work from there!
I measured my old balance end to end and it is 30" with a 1" wide shoe (picture attached). Am I correct then to order a Series 775 30C & 1" Shoe? There is also the option to order a 3000 & 1" Shoe as well as a 3001 & 1" Shoe. I don't know what the difference is so please advise after viewing the attached and let me know what the correct number is to order.
Thanks
A customer submitted photo of a block and tackle balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us! I'm glad we were finally able to get that balance out of the window! Now that it's out, I can clearly see that you have something more like our Series 860 Arrow Balance. Take a look and see what you think!

For the option, it looks like your top cap is black, and you already said that your shoe is 1" wide. You would want to go with the second choice, the black cap & 1" shoe option.
Looks like you've identified the correct solution to my problem-thanks very much! By the way, the difficulty removing the assembly from my window was due to the manufacturer of my trailer gluing the balance housing in one section. I now know what I have to do on each window. Thanks again.
Profile picture of Tom
It was my pleasure! Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)