SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Molding & Door Sweep replacement parts needed for a Kawneer Commercial Door

A quick learner from Myrtle Beach SC says:
Hello, I need to find replacement parts for our Kawneer Commercial door. I need a replacement molding track as well as the door sweep. The strip is in two sections measuring 60 1/4" & split where the lock assembly is then 26" to ground. The strip is a 1/2" wide. I am assuming this will have to be trimmed from an 8 ft track? If so, what is the best method to cut it? I also need the door sweep, 3 ft wide. Can I replace just the rubber sleeve or do I need to replace the entire metal plate? From what I found on your site, it looked like the 58 - 085 was the correct molding part and I couldn't seem to find an exact door sweep replacement. Your help in identifying the correct replacement parts asap would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance, James
User submitted photo of their weatherseal.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, James. Yes, I think either our 58-085 or 58-111 seals could work for your door. I suggest cutting with a hack saw to size, as well. Take note that when cutting this kind of weather stripping, you want to make sure it matches up the installation holes in you door. That said you could always re-drill new holes.

As for the door sweep, we do not have your exact type. We do have the 40-005, which may work as a substitute. What do you think?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)