SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Mon-Ray storm door sweep

A home owner from Bensenville, IL says:
Do you have a vinyl door sweep that is V shaped and less than 1/8th thick? All the 1/8 thick from the big box stores are too wide and its very difficult to get it in the v groove. It is 1/2" wide/long from top to bottom. Thank you
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if we can get what you need, but we can certainly try. If possible, can you take a few pictures of the sweep's cross section? That way we can see its shape and find a good match.

In the meantime, check out our 40-003. This is a sweep that mounts directly to the door. Could that work instead?
A home owner says:
40-003 would not work, I tried something like that at first. I uploaded a picture. Thanks for the help.
User submitted a photo of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm surprised the 40-003 can't work. It just screws onto the face of the door. Judging by your picture, there doesn't appear to be anything that would obstruct it. What is preventing it from installing?

I have used the 40-003 in the past with a self drill tex screw, like our 33-085. I'm afraid we haven't been able to find any other sweeps that match your dimensions.
A home owner says:
I personally just don't like the look of 40-003, I know I can just screw it on. Well thanks for trying.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)