More information for Balance Rods

A handy person from Fort Myers, FL says:
I have been to the website and have a few quesitions on the widow parts I need.

The Top Sash Guides are the biggest mystery. I could not find an extact match to the ones in the window and hope you could suggest a match that would work. Please see the photos.

The I believe the balance rods I need are you Series 390 with the 19-005 top and the 15-001 shoe. I have included pictures of the original rod. The ID stamp reads 35 9, I'll send a picture of that along if you need it (no room left in the note).

The rods are 36" long and are for a 37" x 51" sash. I don't know who the manufacuter is. Again, please see the photos for more information.

Thanks for your help,

Gordon
User submitted photos of top sash guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Have you seen our 18-166 top sash guide? This appears to be a good match. Compare the dimensions we show to your own part and let me know what you think.

As for the stamp, I'm afraid that 35 9 doesn't match any standard option that we have. Could you tell me the weight of the window sash? That would help me determine what you need.
Hello Paul, thanks for the reply!

The sash weighs 33.5 pounds. Perhaps the 35 in the 35 9 refers to the nearest weight of the sash? I have no idea what the 9 might be. Hope that helps with figuring out the balances.

Also - I have a couple of the 18-166 sash tops on hand and will give them a try after I get the balances ordered and received.

Thanks,

Gordon
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! If your sash is 33.5 pounds, then I recommend our 3550 option. Two balances with this stamp can hold a window sash weight range of 30 through 35 pounds.
HI Tom,

So - I should I order the Series 390 with the 19-005 top and the 15-001 shoe with the 3550 option?

Thanks,

Gordon
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Oh, I'm sorry Gordon. I must have missed that part. Order the S395-36 with the 3550 option.
Tom - thanks, I went ahead and placed my order.

Gordon
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.