SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Mortise Latch

A landlord from S.I. N.Y. & Bayonne N.J. says:
Can handle 82-031 be adapted to accommodate a key lock & fit ona mortce lock # 82-226? If so what parts would I need. My door is currently equipped with a working mortice lock... Thank you-Mike
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, use the 82-310 key cylinder (you will have to knock out the key cylinder hole in the handle). The 82-031 replacement handle can be used with most mortise locks (for example the 82-226, 82-227, and the 82-218).
A quick learner says:
Thank you.. Mike
A home owner from HI says:
what size lever is used for this handle 82-031?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
By 'lever' do you mean the turn lever part 82-106? If so, go to the 82-106 product page and take a look at the product picture with dimensions and the product description.
A landlord from Staten Island says:
Put project on back burner. Thank you for the reminder. Will be contacting you forthwith for an update to order part. Thanks Mike
A quick learner says:
I need a new outdoor handle & lock, compatible to current assembly. The handles continue to pull apart from each other. I have since purchased longer screws, but now need new compatible outer handle as the inner threads have stripped from the stress. The measurements are as follows:
Top to bottom = 4".
Top to latch = 1-1/4".
Third down is blank.

The current handle (82-042) does not align properly. Please advise as to proper part numbers & procedure to return improper one.
Thank you.

Customer image of their sliding door handle and latch.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
82-035 looks like the handle set in the photos you sent us, (not 82-031). 82-044 is the corresponding outside pull only and 82-309 is the key lock adapter.
A quick learner from S.I, N.Y. says:
Checked out 82-044 as replacement, but will it accommodate a locking cylider as 82-042? All I want to do replace the outer pull & still have a locking mechanism on the Patio Door as before.Perhaps your e-mail reply (above) to my 9/1/09 inquiry might be the clue. Thank you Mike.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately we cannot offer a replacement suggestion at this time.

We will post an update on the discussion board when more information becomes available.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)