SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Mortise lock compatability

A home owner from USA says:
Hello, my existing mortise lock is similar to your 82-225 part. I need a handle set with locking keyed entry. Can I use your part 82-069 combined with 82-309 ?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. If you want to use the 82-069, I'd recommend the 82-310 instead of the 82-309. It would be easier to install.

I don't think the 82-069 can work with the 82-225 mortise lock, though. Are you sure that's what you have? Could I see a few pictures of your existing hardware? That will give us a better idea of what it is you're working with.
A home owner from USA says:
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
That looks more like our 82-218. Check it out and see if you agree.
A quick learner from Cherry Hill, NJ says:
Yes it does appear to be a 82-218. So I need a white handle set with a keyed exterior.
What model number handle set would I get? Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
There is no single handle set that corresponds to the 82-218. That mortise lock can work for a wide range of handles. If the installation hole centers match the 82-069, then that might be a good way to go, but without seeing your old handle there is no way for me to tell.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)