SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Mortise lock for 82-075

A quick learner from Crossville, TN says:
I am seeking a replacement mortise lock for my sliding glass door. I a fairly confident that it is a Swisco model 82-075. I read an older posting on your site where someone was looking for the same part but was having issues as the replacement lock he purchased was for 82-218. The thread never really came to a resolution but you stated that the mortise lock set for 82-218 should work on an 82-075. Is that correct? Is there a mortise lock set for the model 82-075? If so, I can not find it on your site.

I attached photos of the labels I found on the door that lead me to believe that the door is a Swisco model 82-075. Would you confirm that I am correct by looking at the photo? I also attached a photo of the handle set in place Not certain that would help but thought I 'd add it anyway.

Thank you for your assistance,
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I agree, the 82-218 looks like it matches the mortise lock in your picture. The 82-075 is compatible with a bunch of different locks, and the 82-218 just so happens to be one of them.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)