SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Mortise lock for handle 82-041

A home owner from Phoenix , AZ says:
I purchased a handle (82-041) from you about a month ago for my sliding patio door. The marking on the handle was IWC. The handle is fine but now I need an internal lock for the sliding door. It is 6 1/2
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Glad to hear the 82-041. As for the lock, there are a lot of possibilities. Is there any way we can see a few pictures of the part in question removed from the door? Could you also tell me the distance between the installation holes, center-to-center?
A quick learner says:
I can't take the part out and then re-install it. I don't know how to do that. I also don't know how to put the picture on the computer. Can't you go by the measurements I sent you. I really need this part asap. I need to play around with it every time I want to lock the door. It is a little over 3 1/2" inches from the center of the phillips head screws that hold it into place. I hope that's what you mean by the distance between the installation holes. I hope you can send me this part with the information I just gave you. It is rectangular shaped. Some of your locks have an arch on them. This one is just square on the top and bottom.
I will wait to hear back from you. Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
There are many different varieties that can go with this handle, so it's hard to say. It's possible you have our 82-218, but the dimensions don't match up to what you said. Carefully compare the specs we show to your own and see how they compare. You can also browse through our selection of mortise locks and see if anything here is a better fit. Also be sure to watch the video below to see the proper method of replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)