SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Mortise lock for old legacy handle

A home owner from USA says:
Hi, I have a Legacy Handle set It's not keyed. There is a number on the inside top of the handle: 2265 It's 15 years old. It's satin nickle. It look just like 82-074 or 82-075 (I can't tell the difference, except color) except it's satin nickle and not keyed. I need the interior lock mechanism. The spring inside the lock broke. If you would be so kind as to help me: 1. What is the model number of my handle set? 2. Is the lockset 82-218? It appears to be that one and all the dimensions match. Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the only difference between the 82-074 and 82-075 is color. However, I'm not sure what mortise lock you need. These handles can work with a variety.

You mention the 82-218. If the dimensions and style match, then it would be a good choice. If you still aren't sure, you can send us pictures with dimensions and we can work from there.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)