SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

My 82-264 has some issues

A contractor from Bermuda Dunes, Ca says:
I ordered the 82-264 lock from another Distributer and I'm returning it because it does not work properly. They were not able to get any help from the manufacturer, so they decided not to sell this item any longer and asked me to return it for a full refund.

The lock worked fine when locking but the clamp will not retract back far enough when unlocking not allowing the door to open unless the clamp is pushed out with a thin tool. I'm replacing the same type of lock except the original one is the old type with the wooden handle which isn't available anymore.

Can you tell me if this is a common problem with these locks? I would like to order another one because it's the only type that will work on this door. I would also like it tested before it is sent to me.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure why the lock you recently purchased did not work properly. We have been selling this lock for some time and so far (keeping my fingers crossed) we have not had any returns or complaints. I actually took some out of stock just now and tried to lock and unlock them and they seemed to work fine.

Before you returned the one you already purchased, try working locking/unlocking it before you install it back on your door. When you reinstall it back on the door, make sure the door framing is not bent or warped. That's happened to me in the past and it caused a similar issue. It could be the problem.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)