SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

My dog bent my Pella sliding screen door

A quick learner from Massachusetts says:
My dog went right through the brand new sliding screen on the Pella slider that was installed last summer. Part of the frame is a little bent, she broke the screen and one of the little wheels at the top that fits into the channel also broke. We put in new screen, but is there any possible way to straighten the frame? I need to replace the wheel, but can't even get the old one out. Any suggestions?
User submitted photos of their bent Pella screen door.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
I am sorry, I do not believe this is something you will be able to repair on your own. Your best bet would be to talk to a local Pella dealer.

You may also be able to get a plain screen door made up from your local screen shop. It would be a lot less expensive but it would not look and work the same way.

If you find out your only choice is a new door you might as well try to bend the door frame back into shape (but I would not attempt this until you are sure Pella cannot repair the door - you do not want to make the situation worse).

If you are able to bend the door frame back into shape we can help you with replacing the broken hardware. I just need to see a couple more images of the hardware you need replaced - it is hard to see it in your image because of the camera flash.

I hope your dog is ok and is not in too much trouble :)
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)