SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

My door handle has already broken

A home owner from Wyoming, MI says:
I purchased a door handle less than a year ago and it has already broken. Do you know if they are guaranteed or not? I also would like to know if there is a one piece handle instead of this one that has already broke.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Are you referring to the 82-055? If so, I'm afraid the manufacturer doesn't have a guarantee for it. There are also no substitutes, since the company that made it has gone out of business.

That said, it shouldn't have broken so early. Has the door been hard to open and close? If so, that means the rollers aren't moving correctly. This forces you to really pull on the door to open and close it, which in turn puts so much strain on the handle that it will break.

If you think that's the case, then I would be happy to help you replace them, but I will need to see pictures of the rollers removed from the door before I can make any suggestions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)