SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

My drawer sockets are failing

A handy person from Ripon Ca says:
We have a home that is 4 years old and all of the 32-018 units probably not made by Swisco are failing at the non ribbed edge. Two questions
Is the rib side supposed to be up? If not they were installed by cabinet shop upside down.
They are all failing on the non ribbed side at approximately 3/4 of an inch in. Is that because the cabinet members are not against the back of the cabinet.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We get this this question from time to time. The sockets are lettered "L" and "R" on the plastic for each respective side, so I do believe the ribbed edge should go at the top. However, I don't see why they couldn't be installed the other way. I don't think that would cause any adverse affects. You could try it that way if you think it will help your problem, though you may have to drill new holes in the back of the cabinet to accommodate the new orientation.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)