SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

My roller doesn't have the yoke

A handy person from muskegon, michigan says:
Hello, im looking at your part no. 84-138

the dementions are the same as the ones i want to replace

although mine doesnt have the adjustable yoke. What is the the reason for the adjustable yoke and does it really make any difference that my existing roller doesn't have one, as long as the dementions and style are correct?

Thank you for any help,
Jeffery
A user submited photo of screen door roller
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Jeffery! Actually, it looks like your roller does, indeed, have the yoke. That would be the U-shaped "frame" that goes over the roller itself. Were you perhaps referring to the screw?

The adjustment yoke enables you to compensate your rollers in case they need to recede a bit or even stretch out further in order for the door to rest at a comfortable level on the track. It looks like your roller might have originally had the screw, but it could have been removed or it may have broken off. Do you have another roller in the door that you could look at?
A quick learner says:
Hi Tom,

all the rollers r the same. may have had a screw in the roller at first, cant remember. I looked at the door frame and there is a hole where a screw would come thru. I may have take'in them out because i couldnt get them adjusted right after a number of years. I use the slideing rail on the bottom for adjustment. I'm going to assume that the one i looked at is probably the right one, mainly because the dimentions are the same and there is a hole in the frame above all roller locations. If you agree, please let me know and i will order them.

Thank you for your time and effort, Tom.

Jeffery
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us, Jeffrey. I can't confirm if they are exact matches, but our 84-138 certainly appears to be the closest replacement that we can offer. As long as the dimensions match as you say, and as long as you have room for the screws, I think they are a good choice!
A quick learner says:
Hi Tom, ty for the conformation. I figured but needed an expert opinion. i will order soon.
Jeffery
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)