SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

My roller looks like 81-007 but with a 1" wheel

A home owner from VA says:
I need to replace a patio door roller similar to your 81-007 assembly. The current roller is stamped "138". Is 81-007 the correct replacement? The only difference is the current wheel is 1" (maybe I replaced it at some point?) versus the 1 1/8" on 81-007. All other measurements are the same. Thank you!
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
I just want to double check something. Are you positive your roller is stamped "138" and not "168"?
Yes, I am positive the roller assembly is stamped "138"...and it looks EXACTLY like 81-007, except for the wheel size. I have attached a picture. Thank you for responding.
User submitted photo of sliding door roller stamped 138
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
To get started, take a look at the Swisco 81-007 Sliding Door Roller; (this roller is stamped "#250", but used to be stamped "#138"). With that being said, if your wheel is concave like the 81-007, I do not think using a roller 1/8" larger will be a problem for you, as long as you have enough clearance in the height of your track when you remove the active door.
Thank you for your help. I am ordering two of the model 81-007 roller assemblies.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)