My series 751 won't work!

A quick learner from Amherst, NH says:
Regarding my recent order with SWISCO. I installed the 751 channel balances and I cannot get them to work. When I put the sash in the window and lower it to the shoe, the shoe remains in the locked position. Pushing the sash down farther only causes the shoe to be locked in a lower position in the channel. I have tried unlocking the shoe with a screwdriver and bringing it up to the sash but lowering the sash continues to lock the shoe in the channel. When I close the window completely the shoes will remain at the bottom of the channel. I have also looked at the cam pivots and replaced the mangled ones. I have three more windows to fix but I won't until I figure out what is going wrong. Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! It sounds like either the shoe is facing the wrong direction, or the tilt cam is on wrong. Try taking a look at another window that you haven't fixed yet. Make note of the position of the tilt cam and compare it to your repaired sash. You should also compare the way the tilt shoe is facing in the track.

You should also try looking at our tutorial video that shows just how to install this type of balance.
A quick learner from Amherst, NH says:
Thanks for your response. I was able to also find this answer to my question in your discussions archive.

A handy person from NJ says:

June 25, 2012
Success! Four channel balances replaced and the sashes are functioning as they should. One install note that should be pointed out as a supplement to the install video, the knife lock points need to be pointing inward to function properly. I made the mistake and then corrected. Thanks for all of your help.

I agree with 'a handy person from NJ' that it would be helpful if the video mentioned turning the points in towards the house. My windows work very well now and it cost me much, much less than a previous quote from a local window parts dealer. Thanks, I will use you again for other projects.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm glad that this information has helped you. Please let us know if you have any other questions!
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.