SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

My window will not stay up/open

A home owner from Maryland says:
I am looking for a replacement part for my window that will not stay up/open. There is no manufacturer info on the windows. Wanted to know what part needs to be replaced.
Thanks
User submitted photo of their window.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

It sounds like your balances need to be replaced. The balances are found on each side of the window frame and they are the mechanisms that make it easy to open your window (and to keep it in place). Here is our sash support balance catalog section. If you need help choosing which sash support replacement you need, please take some pictures of your existing sash support and submit them here.
A home owner from Maryland says:
Follow up question and picture to determine which sash support balance I will need to order.
Thanks
User submitted photo of pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The pivot shoe appears to be the Swisco 15-180 Pivot Shoe, with the Series 190 Coil Balance.

In order to identify the correct coil balance, you will have to remove the coil from the window. Please take a look at this discussion regarding the installation and removal of pivot shoes.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)