Necessary to remove pins before rescreeening?

A quick learner from North Carolina says:
Greetings, I am preparing to re-screen my window screens with pet-proof screening. All my screens have these plunger pins. My question is, do I need to remove them before re-screening, and also, how do I do this? Or, can I re-screen on top of the pins rather than attempt to remove/replace them? There doesn't seem to be any way to take these off.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If your pin is similar to the 70-008 then it would be possible to replace the screen cloth without removing the pins. The screen cloth and screen spline should lay on top of the pin in the screen groove. If you'd like, you can send us some photos of your screen for us to take a look at. I can be more certain of what kind of setup you have and perhaps give more specific instructions.
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.