SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need 2 patio door rollers for older door that has no names or numbers

A home owner from Hemphill, Texas says:
Dear Swisco Staff,
I tried to find the roller shown in the enclosed pictures in your online selection, but did not find one with outside wedge in the correct location. The unit housing is 2 5/16" long, 13/16" thick at widest point,and 1 1/8" high. The protruding wedge is 1/4" long, 1/2" from the upper edge of the housing and 3/8" from the lower edge of the housing. It protrudes 3/32" out from widest thickness of the housing. The roller wheel is 1 1/4" high. Your roller number 81-005 looks like it would fit, but I'm not sure enough to order it with out help from you. Thank you.
Clarence
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe our 81-005 is the right match. How about our 81-046? This appears to be much closer. Carefully look over it and tell me what you think.
A home owner from Hemphill, Texas says:
Tom,
I nearly ordered the 81-046 until I noticed that the wedge was too low on the housing. I don't think the screw hole in the door frame would line up with the holes in the roller assembly.
Do you have one with the wedge located with the measurements I indicated in the description?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 81-005 might actually be a possible match, I think. As long as the rest of your dimensions are okay it should still work. Believe it or not, I also think the 81-032 is a possible replacement option.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)