SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need 2 sets of handles for PGT series 770 sliding glass hurricane doors.

A handy person from North Palm Beach Florida 33408 says:
I have a set of 3 sliding doors with door handles at either end. Both outer handles have broken or cracked. I need two (2) replacements for the outer handles or two (2) complete handle sets for the PGT 770 series sliding glass doors.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Please see our 82-079 sliding door handle. I believe this could be a good match for you.
A quick learner from North Palm Beach says:
The handles that you display will probably work, however, the overall length of the handle and the underlying plate are not correct. Please see the attached photo. The length of the plate is 9 7/8 inches and the handle screws is 8 inches
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The screws you're measuring are not the installation holes, but the holes that hold the handle to the plate. As long as the installation holes are 3-15/16" apart (center to center) then it should still install.

We also do not have a handle set with a back plate that long, but that shouldn't affect its function.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)