SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need 33" Sash Balances

A home owner from San Diego, CA says:
I have single hung windows without any identification on them, making identification of the sash balances very difficult. The biggest problem I'm having is identifying the end pieces. With measurement differences of only 1/16" in the stock pieces I'm finding on the internet, I'm not sure what the exact parts are. I'm hoping these pictures might help. The sashes are 33" x 5/8" (which I'm learning is really 1/2" in the industry...?) Is there a pre-assembled part number that I can use to shop around for these?
User submitted photos of window balances.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Exact dimensions on the top attachment aren't quite that important, as it serves a very simple function. As for the bottom attachment, the most important one is the depth. IN your diagram, you have it marked as 1-1/8". I think it may be more like 1-3/32", like our 15-004. If you agree, then you should consider our Series 385 channel balance.
A home owner from San Diego, CA says:
If I thought the 1/16" differences were tough, these 1/32" differences are KILLING me...

Thanks, I bought 4 of them.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)