SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need (6) Block & Tackle Rods & (1) Tilt Latch for MW or Plygem Windows?

A home owner from GA says:
The sash weighs 25 lbs. Length of Block & Tackle rods appear to be 32.5" long. Sash is ~28.25" wide. Window jamb is ~ 5/8" wide. I think your series 850 will work but please reuse photos and confirm

Tilt latch appears to be ~ 2 5/8" long (left to right installed) and 5/8" wide (front to back installed). The "slider slot" is ~ 1.25" long (left to right installed). Not sure about proper latch because the right side is rounded. I need a latch for the left hand side of sash. I will send more photos in another post
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The tilt latches look similar to our 26-264 and 26-263, but carefully compare them to your own hardware to see how well they match. I'm not sure about the balance, though I cannot see it in these pictures. I would need to see it removed from the window in order to confirm.
Thanks I will review your suggestion. Attached are photos for the block & tackles. Note that the window jamb is ~ 5/8" wide. Again the block & tackle measures to be ~ 32.5" long.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
I'm not sure that the tilt latches will match up. Note that it is mounted on the left side of the sash and the left side is square to the jamb. But, the right side is rounded! I'll attach another photo showing this but it might not matter in the grand scheme of things. Please confirm that your latch (the part of the latch visible from the top) may be for aesthetics only and it will not affect the operability if installed on my sash.
THANKS
User submitted a photo of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Perfect, thank you. The balance looks like our S850-32, see what you think. Please note that the top is now screwed on instead of clipping on. The manufacturers changed this because the nylon was constantly breaking. As for the tilt latch, I agree with Tom. I know the base is curved, but the new latch with a square back should still cover the cut out in window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)