SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need Bigger Window Wheels

A quick learner from Whittier, Ca says:
Looking for window wheels with bigger wheels Size: 1 3/8" x 3/8" to fit the hole and 1 1/2' x 1/2' with the wheel facing outside
As you can see on the pics, these wheels are too low, just as high as the side of the window resulting difficulties in sliding those windows.
I am looking for substitutes (same size to fit the opening) but with bigger wheels, even one wheel per device.

User submitted photos of a window roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I have one thought, but I cannot guarantee it will work. It will take some retrofitting to work for your window. See our 87-211. I believe that this will fit the hole in your sash, but you will need to attach it to the bottom frame with screws like our 33-084. The wheel will come up 3/16" instead of 1/16" like your old housing does now. The wheel is also concave, but it's narrow enough that it should be fine on the track.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)