SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need Help ID Channel balance

A handy person from USA says:
Please identify this
User submitted photos of a window balance.
A customer submitted image of their channel balance attachment.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thanks for posting. Looks like your top attachment is winged, while your bottom is not. Since this doesn't match any of our standard Series, your balance will have to be specially made.

Before I can work on that, though, I'll need to figure out what that bottom shoe is. Check out our 15-001 and 15-002 and tell me which is a closer match.
15-001 and 15-002
A quick learner says:
More closely matches 15-001, but not exact as you know. It is 1" tall but the length is 1 1/16" not 1 1/8".
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If it's 1-1/16", then I think the 15-001 is the better choice. It's likely that you once had 1-1/18" and it simply wore down with age. Even if that's not the case, you could always just sand it down a little.

Now that we know what attachments go on either end of the metal channel, we only have one last step before we can get this custom balance for you. Can you tell me what numbers are printed on the metal channel itself? Can you also tell me the total length of the metal channel? Make sure not to include the nylon attachments in your measurements.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)