Need Keyed Lock

A quick learner from Berkeley, CA says:
This door has a sticker with this written:

Series9800/9805/9850/9890
AAMA/NWWDA 101/1.S. 2-97
SGD-R 20-96X96

I ordered online item # 82-315 (order # 878910) but it doesn't fit with the outside of the door handle, also the screw holes are closer together than with the door we have. Can you help me find the right part?
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that our 82-315 won't work. I would instead recommend our 82-310 key lock. You need to knock out the center plug on the outside handle, use a rat tail file or a 5/8" drill bit to clean the hole, and then install the 82-310 into the space now available.
A professional from CA says:
Don't knock out the hole until you verify that the holes in the handle line up with the lock lined up with the mortise.
I would slide the cylinder into the handle (without the hole punched) then insert the screws through the door into the pull. If they line up, great, punch out the handle.
A quick learner from Berkeley, CA says:
Thanks for the response!
There is another problem that we're having with the door and that is that the latch isn't seating correctly. The latch wasn't hooking in to the bracket on the jamb. I tried adjusting the position of the bracket, fastening it a little lower on the jamb, but then the latch won't function. The only way to get the latch to work now is to close it half way with the door open and then close the door and finish closing the latch. I'm afraid this will mean that a key won't close the lock. I'm wondering now if the solution is to buy an entirely new door handle that has a keyed lock installed? What do you think and can you tell me what the part # is for that based on the photos above?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Try turning that small adjustment screw at the top of your internal mortise latch. Maybe adjusting that could be the answer. It could also be worn. Take a look at the 82-218 mortise lock for a replacement option.
A professional from CA says:
Put the hook in the locked position.
Move it up close to the strike.
Try moving the strike up until only about 3/16" of the hook goes inside the strike (sometimes less).
The instructions usually say to line up the strike much lower.
It never works that way in my experience.
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.