SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need New Balance Spring

A quick learner from USA says:
Attached is a picture of the balance shoe and the numbers on the spring balance. I do not know the window manufacturer. The balance channel length is 30". Do you have part? I need 2 channel balance.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe the balance is our S770-30 channel balance, though you will need to carefully match it up to your own to confirm. This is based on your shoe, not the stamp, so it is only an educated guess.

If this is correct, then I believe you will need a custom-made spring. 29-7 appears to be very strong and I don't think any of the standard options that come with the S770-30 will work. Please weigh the sash on a scale and we can tell you exactly what needs to be done. Thanks!
A handy person from Alexandria, MN says:
The weight of the sash is 30 lbs.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great. I can make something up with a 30E stamp, which can support 29 through 33 pounds.

This is assuming you do have the S770-30. Can you confirm? If so, check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the blank fields. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.a
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)